There are several criteria by which it is useful to evaluate any cat fountain you are considering purchasing. Below is a list of several of the more important. At the bottom of the page is a link to reviews and videos of some of the better known brands of cat fountains.
- Food Safeness (this has to do with what materials the fountains are made.)
- Ease of cleaning (if a pet fountain is hard to clean it won’t get cleaned often or thoroughly enough – not good)
- Water Delivery (is the water presented to the cat in a manner that is attractive to him and easily accessed?
- Longevity (will the fountain last)
- Price (short term cost)
- Price (long term cost)
- Appearance (is the fountain an addition to your home or something you want to hide?)