Is a more recent addition to the already crowded Chinese-made pet fountain market and another of the many to avoid. It boasts being ceramic but like so many others is only visibly ceramic with internal parts being entirely of plastic, and the ceramic portions are what some in the trade call ‘pig pottery’, a take-off from ‘pig iron’, a low quality, very brittle material due to lack of density and the inclusion of impurities. Apparently the manufacturers didn’t bother with a professional translator and have this to say of their product:
- ATTRACT YOUR CAT ON THE FIRST GLANCE – The beautiful design and fountain water fascinate the pet, even the fearful pet will never be frightened as it runs completely silently without noise. The Lotus / Globe offers 360° area for drinking so that animals can drink from the waterfall, the ball as well as from the surface.
- WITH FLOWING WATER, HIGH-FREQUENCY DRINK – Cats love running water, so this drinking water impels your pet with flowing water to drink more. You no longer need to move the water tap and have to worry that your cats not drink.
- CARBON FILTER & FOAM FILTER FOR WATER QUALITY – It keeps hair and debris. By filtering and circulating the water, it keeps the water fresh and clean for longer. Water is softened. The odors of the water can be eliminated and the taste is improved, which animates again pets to drink more.
- CERAMIC DESIGN, BEAUTIFUL LOTUS / BALL DECORATION – Made of high-quality ceramic, it makes a decoration at home. Cats like to play with it and in the end drink more water. The ceramic material protects your pet from the pity of plastic or other synthetic material.
- COMPACT AND CONVENIENT – With 2.1L huge capacity, your pets can drink about a week, which is especially suitable for travel lovers. In addition, the ceramic is heavy so that fountain can not be easily overturned by your pets.
In any case, we get the idea – but not the facts. The low-grade sponge filter (very open pores) needs replacing about every three weeks and at a cost of $10 plus shipping will quickly add to the purchase price of $80. In one year you can expect to add about another $175 to the purchase price – if it lasts a year.
There are some decent, Chinese made pet fountains out there, but this is not one of them.